– Thank you for watching, and for a full transcript visit www.fun4thedisabled.com. We hope you enjoy! When joining us for this video, you need to take some precautions as your health and safety are the most important. To avoid any injury or harm, you need to check your health with your doctor before exercising. By performing any fitness exercises without supervision, like with this video, you are performing them at your own risk. See a fitness professional to give you advice on your exercise form. Strategy for Access Foundation NFP and SPIRIT Club will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of this video.
– Hello everybody, welcome you all to our SPIRIT Club boxing class. My name is Kristian, I’d like to thank you for joining today. All right, Ventatia, Marcela, let’s get it on. So we’re gonna start off with a warm up everybody,
so we can get our muscles ready to go. So the first one that we’re gonna start with is the torso twist. So we’re gonna have both elbows up at our sides, and we’re gonna twist to the left and the right. Good job, Marcela. Nice, big twist. And as we go along, you all try to open it up, make those twists a little bit bigger. Looking good, Ventatia.
All right, everybody. We’re gonna keep going with our twist, but we’re gonna add a punch on top. So twist and punch. Twist, punch. Nice, Marcela. Good job, Ventatia. Keep it going, everybody. Let’s speed it up, go faster for ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit, nice job!
Next one, we’re gonna get our chest and shoulders nice and warm by doing a spirit fly. So let’s start off by wrapping both arms across our upper body, and then pull ’em apart. Big flaps, get a big stretch going behind you. Let’s do it. There you go Marcela. Nice spirit fly Ventatia. Keep it up everybody. Let’s go for ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Nice job.
So we’re going back to our core now we’re gonna spread those arms out to the side, keep ’em at shoulder level and we’re gonna lean to the left to the right for our side bends. So this one’s gonna stretch out the side of our core. And as you’re reaching down try to get those fingertips as close to the floor as you can to get a nice good stretch. Awesome Marcela. There you go Ventatia. Let’s try to get a little bit lower and pick up the pace. Ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Nice everybody.
All right. We’re gonna move on down to the lower body and do some leg swings. If you’re seated with Ventatia instead of leg swings you’re gonna do arm swings, bringing those arms up above your head and she’ll show you what that looks like. There you go right there. Nice job. Bringing those arms up nice and high. Good work Marcela. Nice kick. Good work everyone. Let’s finish it up. We got ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Nice everybody.
All right, we’re gonna pick up the pace everybody. Get our hearts pumping. Get the blood flowing. We’re gonna get some jump rope action in. So we’re rolling those wrists. Bump, bouncing up and down on our toes. Let’s do a jump rope. Nice Marcela. Nice footwork. Good job. Go Ventatia. Keep those ropes going everybody. You got ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Nice everybody. Let’s keep the bouts going.
We got one more warm up exercise. This next one is the speed bag. So you’re just rolling one hand over the other as fast as you can, just continue hitting the speed bag. Let’s go. Keep it up everybody. There’s Marcela getting it in. Adding in the footwork. Nice. There’s Ventatia with those quick hands. 20 seconds. Keep it going. Let’s try to go as fast as we can for ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Great job, everybody. Awesome work.
So that was our warm up. Let’s take a little bit of time to get some water, rest up for a little bit. We’re gonna get into our boxing class in about 30 seconds. So everybody get ready, if you have boxing gloves you can get suited up and we’ll get this thing ready. All right. Feeling warmed up, Marcela and Ventatia?
– Ready to go.
– All right. Awesome. All right, everybody. Get your last sips of water. We’re gonna get this thing going. So we’re gonna start it off with some punches. Of course. So first thing’s first, let’s get into our boxing stance. We’re gonna get both hands up. You want the back hand to cover and protect the face and you want the front hand to cover and protect the body. So you should look something like this. And with the feet, if you’re doing the standing version you’re gonna have one foot in front of the other, staggered stance, and keep those feet about hip width apart. You don’t want ’em too wide or too narrow. You want ’em right at the hips just so you can move and shift your body around in different directions without missing a step. So we’ll check out Marcela, and Ventatia’s stance to see what they look like. All right, Marcela is ready to go. Ventatia is ready to go as well. Not messing around.
So let’s get into it. First thing we’re gonna do is our jab. So with the jab, we’re just gonna go left and right jab, just a straightforward punch extending those arms all the way out, making sure we lean into it. Taking a big step forward with the front leg. Jab, jab. Let’s do it. Good job everyone. If you have enough space, try to move around a little bit. Pretend like you’re in a real boxing ring. Just like Marcela’s doing right there. Nice jabs. All right, awesome job Ventatia. Let’s get a little bit more power in those punches everybody. We got ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Nice job.
Let’s keep that bounce going. Keep those hands up. So we’re gonna stick with the jabs. So we’re gonna work on doing a little bit faster jabs and we’re gonna add some more punches together. So we’re gonna start off with four jabs. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. So we’re really working on our quickness. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. All right, let’s hit it. Four jabs all together and then bounce. Nice everybody. All right. Look at Marcela go. Great work Marcela. All right. Let’s change it up everybody. We’re going from four to a seven. Seven jabs. Awesome Ventatia. Keep it up. So stepping it up to seven everybody. Seven jabs. Ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Awesome job, everybody. Great work.
All right. Let’s keep our bounce going. We’re gonna move along to our next punch. Ventatia’s gonna break it down for you all. So let’s listen up.
We’re gonna go in for those hooks. We’re swinging that arm from the back and we’re hooking to the front, having a pretty generous bend inside that elbow. So we’re keeping about shoulder height. We don’t wanna go any higher. Great. We wanna go in for that powerful punch and always ensuring that we’re squeezing those ab muscles. We need a strong core for all of these punches. So as soon as we’re punching, we’re going in for that exhale so that we can get in more power.
– Nice Marcela, way to lean into those hooks. Good work everybody. 20 more seconds. Keep those hooks going. Ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Nice work, y’all. All right. So Ventatia, we’re gonna stay with those hooks but she’s gonna give us a random count for our hooks. So let’s see what that count is gonna be.
– Let us go for eight. Eight to the one side and then we’ll go in for the next eight.
– Nice Marcela. Nice Ventatia. To the left, to the right. I love it. All right. Two more times everybody. And then Ventatia’s gonna change the count on us. Get ready. All right Ventatia, let’s switch it up. Which number we got next?
– Let us go down to six.
– Six. Nice. We’re going to six everybody. Let’s pick up the pace. Add some more power, some more speed into those hooks. Ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Wonderful job everybody. Awesome Ventatia. Ooh, so that was our hook everybody let’s take a quick break, quick water break.
All right, so what we’re gonna do next. We worked on those punches individually. So now we’re gonna take the punches that we just did and we’re gonna put some of ’em together. So I’ll start with the first one. We’re gonna do the jab one, two and then the hook. Jab and hook, left and right. Just like Ventatia did with the hooks. You all can do it to the left side then to the right. Jabs and hooks. Let’s go. Good work Marcela. Good job Ventatia. Let’s count it down from ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Great work everybody. All right. Ventatia’s got our next combination of punches lined up for us. Let’s see what she’s got.
– All right. We’re gonna go hook, hook, uppercut, uppercut. Going in for the really killer combination here. When we’re ready, we’re going two hooks and two uppercuts. Got it.
– Nice. Awesome everybody. Good job Marcela. And we’ll keep going for ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Nice job everybody. Nice Ventatia.
So we are gonna do one more thing before we wrap up our class today. We are gonna go through our Spirit Club challenge. So for our challenge, we’re gonna do one minute of exercise. We’re gonna do one exercise and try to get as many reps as we can. So that’s the challenge that we have today. So the exercise that we’re gonna be doing is toe touches. So you’re gonna reach both hands up high and then you’re gonna reach down low towards your toes and then bring it back up again. So up high, down low. And Marcela and Ventatia will show you what their version of it looks like. There’s Marcela bringing it down low, bringing it up high. Perfect. And there’s Ventatia with the seated version. Same thing, reaching down low, bringing it up.
So this exercise is giving us a good stretch in the shoulders as we reach up and then a good stretch in the low back and the hamstrings as we go down. So the advanced version, you want to add a little bit more to it. You can get a hop going as you reach up. All right. So we got 10 seconds, everybody. This is it right here. Let’s give it all we got, try to get as many toe touches as you can, and make sure you write those numbers down so you can keep track of your progress. So let’s start in three, two, one, let’s go. Up and down. Keep up the good work Ventatia, Marcela. Keep going everybody out there. We got 30 seconds. 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Great job, everybody.
Let’s head on back to our water. That was our challenge. You all did an amazing job. Way to go Marcela and Ventatia. You ladies did great today. So next step, everybody. We’re gonna finish off our class with some cool down stretches. So we fired up our muscles. We’re gonna cool ’em down now. The first one we’re gonna start off with is getting the backside of our thigh by reaching down towards the floor, making sure we keep our legs nice and straight and we’re gonna hold it for 15 seconds. Five, four, three, two and one.
Nice, now we’re gonna go in the opposite direction by reaching both hands up above our head, getting a good stretch in our shoulders. And if you want to get your lower back in the mix you can lean back, push your hips forward and we’ll hold. Ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Good job.
Now let’s keep one of those arms up. And we’re gonna lean to the left or the right, whichever you prefer. Bring the opposite arm up overhead and get a nice stretch in the core. We did a lot of twisting and turning using our core muscles. So we gotta make sure to give those a nice good stretching. Five, four, three, two and switch. Other side. Five, four, three, two and one. Good job.
Last stretch everybody. We’re gonna get our shoulders. The back part of our shoulder by bringing the left arm up across our chest, taking that right arm, bringing it just above the elbow and pulling it in tight. You should feel a nice good stretch going in your shoulders. Good job Marcela, good job Ventatia. Five, four, three, two and switch. Other arm. Ten, nine, great, seven, six, five, four, three, two and Spirit. Nice everybody.
Wonderful job today. Thank you all so much for joining me, Marcela and Ventatia. That was a very fun class. Worked up a good sweat. Woo! How you feeling Ventatia?
– Feeling good. Really enjoyed getting some of those punches out.
– Awesome, how about you Marcela?
– Awesome, that was a great class. Thank you, Kristian. Thank you, Ventatia.
– Thank you, everybody. You all have a great rest of your day and we’ll look forward to seeing you next week. Take care everybody. Bye-bye.