REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS:
Strategy for Access (StrAF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to producing media that benefits people who are living with disabilities, primarily through its website, Fun4theDisabled.
StrAF is issuing a Request for Proposals (RFP) for an experienced production company to shoot a project consisting of at least ten short educational videos on accessible venues throughout the Chicagoland area. This project aims to educate the worldwide disability community on the accessible features of Chicago and also to educate Chicago attractions that are non-accessible or do not have their accessibility information readily available. The project is funded by a U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration grant. StrAF will facilitate work between members of the disability community and tourism venues to ensure their accessibility.
These videos will be played on the StrAF site, Choose Chicago (Chicago Convention and visitor’s bureau), and national disability organizations. The videos will also be shown on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and the Chicago Access Network Television Stations (Channels 19, 21, and 27) broadcast in Chicago and potentially on the Cook County Access Channel. StrAF plans each video to provide an itinerary of accessible places, fun activities, and transportation options. Each will be approximately five minutes long.
Founded in 2018, StrAF creates media content highlighting opportunities for people with disabilities in the community, connecting them with organizations, programs, and events designed to provide accessibility that is both inclusive and fun. Our mission is to create content that connects those with disabilities with the organizations, events, and information that will benefit, entertain, and educate them.
StrAF has produced over 80 videos and has published content related to disability advocacy, literacy, and education.
Scope of Work
The project timeline is divided into five phases throughout 2023: Research, Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production, and Distribution. Production is expected to take five days per venue at ten venues for a total of 50 days. Production will involve shooting raw footage for ten short subjects, including camera work, lighting, and sound, and will begin by April 2023 and continue through July 2023. Post-production will begin once shooting has wrapped in summer 2023 and continue until completion through fall 2023.
Each video will highlight attractions accessible for individuals who are deaf/hard of hearing or blind/low vision, have mobility issues or sensory sensitivities, or possess developmental disabilities.
The RFP timeline is as follows:
- Bidders must submit questions by [December 21st, 5 P.M. CST].
- StrAF will respond to questions by [December 28th, 5 P.M. CST].
- Proposals must be received by Strategy for Access no later than [January 5th, 5 P.M. CST]. Proposals must be marked “RFP-production” and sent to the contact listed below.
- Strategy for Access will notify the successful bidder and unsuccessful bidders by [January 26th, 5 P.M. CST]. Upon selection notification, the successful bidder must execute a contract provided by StrAF within [3 week time period on February 16th].
Applications must include, at a minimum:
- Representative selection of previous projects that might be comparable to this project. This may be in the form of a web link, video link, or resume.
- One-page or longer narrative detailing strengths and distinguishing capabilities relating to Strategy for Access’s project goals. The narrative should also include your vision for this project (i.e., what is your style? how would you like to capture these venues?), the approach you plan to take, and how you expect to work with others (i.e., the director, the actors, the president)
- Proposed timeline and fee schedule
We encourage people of color, persons with disabilities, etc., to apply. Please identify your team and if you will use subcontractors; if you use subcontractors, identify them and their roles.
Please make sure to address the Selection Criteria (below).
- Qualification of the applicant. Please outline the production equipment you have and will be using for this project. Experience in editing software for offloading (Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve, etc.) is also required for post-production. Particular attention will be given to applications with experience in executing similar projects.
- Quality of Performance History. Demonstrated high-quality work, adherence to deadlines, and collaborative skills.
- Flexibility and Creativity. Particular attention will be given to applications expressing a creative and meaningful action plan.
- StrAF will consider the proposed price it would pay for engaging the applicant.
Respondents should direct all contact regarding this RFP to Vanessa A. Harris, P.E, the President and Executive Director of StrAF. Questions and specifications should be sent in writing to Ms. Harris. She can be contacted at email@example.com.