Assistant Operations Director
At Strategy for Access, our mission is to create a community by, for, and about disabled people, to help each other live our best lives! Our videos and articles uplift disabled voices and share resources and information about accessible events. Our work involves This organization is dedicated to producing media that benefits people with disabilities. We have two websites, fun4thedisabled.com and disabilityvoteil.org. We also maintain an active social media presence with regular postings and broadcast recorded programs on disability topics on the Chicago Access Network Television.
This position reports to President and Executive Director Vanessa Harris. This is a hybrid work position where some days will be remote, and some will be at filming or interviewing sites. The Assistant Operations Director will oversee various administrative and program duties that support the organization’s goals, including scheduling logistics for interviews and filming, developing a program schedule, scheduling meetings with participants and stakeholders, maintaining up-to-date records, and maintaining a calendar and schedule of events. Knowledge of Quickbooks and Quickbooks Payroll is preferred.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position. People with disabilities and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Work together with team members to develop creative solutions and ideas
- Strong project management skills and can prepare and adhere to a work plan, project budget, and project schedule for high-quality, high-profile projects
- Identify tasks for programs or projects, and plan the execution of each task
- Experience in managing volunteers and contractors
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders
- Effective communication with fundraising sources and partners, including philanthropic funders and potential corporate sponsors
- Experience in writing grant proposals
- Detail-oriented and Ability to follow instructions
- Good Communication skills
- Can communicate effectively when giving presentations
- Experience in drafting scripts and outlines for videos, along with clear prompts
- Experience in understanding video production
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Quickbooks Payroll (or the ability to prove you can learn to use it for management purposes).
- Maintain physical and digital records
- Plan and schedule meetings and ensure advance arrangements are in place for meetings (i.e., ensuring accessible locations for meetings, sending out zoom links in advance for virtual meetings, etc.).
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets, and reports
- Perform research in support of various programs.
- Maintain database of contacts
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Plan and execute program activities (in-person and virtual)
- Assists in writing grant proposals and reports for the program by gathering information and proofreading submissions.
- Maintain an up-to-date grant tracking calendar
Required Job Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Lived experience, professional experience, and/or other experience in serving people with disabilities
- Ability to work independently
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to multitask and complete multiple projects in various stages
- Provides administrative and operational support to the President and Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Job Specifications
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience developing and uploading content for social media posts, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms
Experience with office management tools (MS Office software, in particular)
- Use a computer
- Communicate on the phone
- Attend meetings in person and virtually
Application: Please submit your resume, cover letter, work sample (portfolio, edited video, selection of social media communications or something brief you’ve written that you are passionate about), and a statement as to why you are a good fit for this position to Vanessa Harris, P.E. at email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Fun4thedisabled is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.